Statusbar scroller
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

castledoom.com -> Castelain's Office

#1: Statusbar scroller Author: BrfLocation: Belvidere, Illinois PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:39 pm
    —
There is a new statusbar scroller showing Who is Online.

This updates with Ajax, so it is not neccessary to Refresh your browser to see the list update.

Those of you with Firefox will need to switch an option to see it.

Tools/Options
Content/Javascript or WebFeatures/Advanced
Checkmark "Change status bar text"

#2: Ajax Who Online Statusline Scroller Author: Demo-2 PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:49 am
    —
Hi all

what does Ajax Who Online Statusline Scroller mod does, i dont see nothing

#3:  Author: Eddy PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:13 pm
    —
It shows the users who are currently browsing the site. If you are using Firefox, you have to go to tools, options, content, enable javascript, advanced, change status bar text.

Also, please be mindful of the forum you post in. Each forum has a specific purpose other than this one. That's why the topic was moved.

#4:  Author: GeorgieLocation: Hawaii, USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:26 pm
    —
I see bannie's online when he isn't.

#5:  Author: s_stabeler PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:39 am
    —
I don't. maybe your browser is keeping the information static?

#6:  Author: BrfLocation: Belvidere, Illinois PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:04 am
    —
Well... "online" doesnt really mean too much. There is no way of knowing when someone is just sitting there reading. All we can do is record the "last click".

The online list at the bottom of the index, and the viewonline page show activity in the last 5-minutes.

The scroller shows activity in the last 10-minutes.

#7:  Author: DarknessLocation: Rotterdam, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:19 am
    —
im glad it doesnt work standard in FF.. I find statusbarscrollers annoying

#8:  Author: BrfLocation: Belvidere, Illinois PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:24 am
    —
Darkness wrote:
I find statusbarscrollers annoying

Razz

#9:  Author: NibbyCatLocation: Eastern Ohio PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:16 am
    —
You know that just for that he'll come up with one that says "Darkness wears combat boots" or something equally silly. hehe

#10:  Author: DarknessLocation: Rotterdam, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:28 am
    —
I wont see it anyway Razz

#11:  Author: BrfLocation: Belvidere, Illinois PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:20 am
    —
Darkness wrote:
I wont see it anyway Razz

But you wil lknow it is there Twisted Evil

#12:  Author: GeorgieLocation: Hawaii, USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:56 pm
    —
The moving lines bugs us. Can it be made to move slower?

#13:  Author: DarknessLocation: Rotterdam, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:29 pm
    —
bugs us?
*looks at Georgie and the invisible crowd* Razz

#14:  Author: DarknessLocation: Rotterdam, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:36 am
    —
hah. so, at the work-pc it does show, and my opinion hasnt changed Wink

#15:  Author: BrfLocation: Belvidere, Illinois PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:06 am
    —
Georgie wrote:
Can it be made to move slower?

If I slow it down, it will move jerky.
It is scrolling by deleting one letter at a time from the beginning. With a proportional font, the letters are all different widths. With slower scrolling, you can see that the little movements are not all the same size.

#16:  Author: NibbyCatLocation: Eastern Ohio PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:33 am
    —
yeah, it goes faster over the letters than over the "......................"

#17:  Author: NibbyCatLocation: Eastern Ohio PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:48 pm
    —
Hey, where'd it go?

I was looking to see who was online, and I realized the scroll thing wasn't scrolling.

#18:  Author: BrfLocation: Belvidere, Illinois PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:17 am
    —
It was annoying me, so I turned it off. Besides that, it was breaking the Location part of Who is Online.

castledoom.com -> Castelain's Office

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Page 1 of 1